Best 10 modern gin cocktails you can not miss out on 2021
We adore crisp, bitter gin as it has a variety of flavors ranging from herbaceous to floral to fruity. Its pleasantly distinct flavors can stand alone or can be paired with a wide range of ingredients to make up some of the best cocktail recipes out there. Gin and tonic cocktails, gin martinis,... maybe the iconic ones that you might see in almost any bar and restaurant. This festive season, why not elevate your tasting experience by giving yourself a treat to something new - delightful modern gin cocktails? If so, these cocktail recommendations from Drinkies.ph below will be of much help.
- 1 Best 10 modern gin cocktails to satisfy your palate
- 1.1 Cosmonaut modern gin cocktail - A twist on the classic Cosmopolitan
- 1.2 Remember the Alimony modern gin cocktails to bring ultimate refreshment
- 1.3 Parson’s Negroni Slushy - Another unique blend of the classic Negroni
- 1.4 Carolina Blues Blueberry modern gin cocktails with a stunning 2 layered color
- 1.5 Strawberry Gin Smash modern gin cocktail to blow off some steam
- 1.6 Bittersweet Symphony - Great-tasting modern gin cocktails for your party
- 1.7 English Garden cocktail - A perfect light tipple for pre-dinner drinks
- 1.8 Apple Bees Knees modern gin cocktails with a touch of apple flavors
- 1.9 Obituary modern gin cocktails -The intriguing version of the classic Martini
- 1.10 Casino Cocktail - The upgraded version of the classic Aviation cocktails
- 2 Some final thoughts
Best 10 modern gin cocktails to satisfy your palate
Cosmonaut modern gin cocktail - A twist on the classic Cosmopolitan
This quirky gin twist on the Cosmopolitan was devised by Milk & Honey's Sasha Petraske - the founder of the famous New York-based bar chain of the same name. This modern cocktail is delightfully easy to make, and it features only 3 simple ingredients. All you need is some lemon and your favorite raspberry preserves, and a bottle of gin on hand. A London dry such as the iconic Bombay Sapphire or Tandequay is advisable, as it perfectly pairs with other ingredients to satisfy even the most demanding cocktail drinkers.
- 2 oz gin ( London dry gins are preferred)
- ¾ oz lemon juice
- 1 bar spoon of raspberry preserves/ raspberry syrup
- Combine all three ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with small ice cubes
- Shake roughly until chilled, about 20 seconds.
- Strain the drink into a chilled coupe and enjoy it right away.
Remember the Alimony modern gin cocktails to bring ultimate refreshment
You can think of Remember the Alimony as a softer version of the iconic Negroni. However, instead of Campari, it's made with vegetal Cynar, and far from the sweet vermouth, this modern gin cocktail calls for sharp, dry fino sherry flavor. It's a simple yet delightful gin drink that you should add to your recipes. To enhance your cocktail drinking experience, a Genever gin is your best choice of gin element. Its strong and rich texture surely takes you to a new level.
- 1 1/4 oz fino sherry
- 1 1/4 oz Cynar
- 3/4 oz gin
- Garnish: a thin orange twist and/or an orange slice
- Combine all three ingredients except the orange twist in a chilled rocks glass filled with one large ice cube
- Stir the drink until it is chilled, about 15 seconds.
- Put an orange twist over the cocktail and drop the slice into the glass.
Parson’s Negroni Slushy - Another unique blend of the classic Negroni
Without question, Negronic is the never-ending inspiration for bartenders and dedicated cocktail drinkers. Although the Negroni is an excellent pre-dinner drink, the Parson’s frozen variation is more refreshing and enjoyable. This recipe is supposed to be made in a blender, but with a little extra water, it may also be done successfully with an ice cream maker. We can't imagine a better sipper for a chilling afternoon with homies by the grill.
- 2 oz. gin (a well-balanced Old Tom gin with its subtle floral notes and sweetness content surely surprise you)
- 2 oz. gin bitter
- 2 oz. sweet vermouth
- 2 ½ oz. fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 ½ oz. fresh orange juice
- 1 ½ cups of crushed ice
- Blend all the above ingredients (except the ice cubes) at high speed. You must stop occasionally to stir everything together.
- Continue blending at high speed until the mixture is smooth. You can add more crushed ice to achieve desired texture.
- Serve the drink in a glass, garnish it with frozen orange half wheels.
Carolina Blues Blueberry modern gin cocktails with a stunning 2 layered color
Following the classic Tom Collins blueprint, the Carolina Blues is a smooth, refreshing cocktail that includes simple syrup instead of shrub, soda instead of prosecco, and lemon juice instead of lime juice. The blueberry shrub in this recipe is really blueberry barbecue sauce, which is used to glaze chicken, but it's similar enough to a shrub that it may serve as both.
For the blueberry shrub
- 3 cups of fresh blueberries
- 2 cups of apple cider vinegar, divide it into 2 portions
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 tsp of chile flakes
- 1 2-inch cinnamon stick
For cocktail building
- 1 1⁄2 oz. gin
- 3⁄4 oz. of lime juice
- 3⁄4 oz. of the prepared blueberry shrub
- 1 1⁄2 oz. prosecco
- Fresh blueberries, for garnish
- 1 thin lime wheel
- To make the shrub, follow these steps: In a food processor, combine the blueberries and 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Chop the berries briefly to split them up and release some juices.
- Combine the chopped berries, remaining, sugar, vinegar, chile flakes, cinnamon stick, and bay leaf in a medium-heated saucepan. Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a simmer, then lower the heat to low and cover the pot. Cook for around 15 minutes with occasional stirring.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender with care and blend it until it is completely smooth, then pour it through a fine-mesh sieve and return it to the pan.
- Simmer until the sauce has reduced to about 1/3 of its original volume (about 25–30 minutes). It should have the consistency of maple syrup and nicely coat the back of a spoon. Allow the shrub to rest for at least 24 hours before using. It will stay in the refrigerator for months if covered.
- To make the Carolina Blues Blueberry cocktail, follow these steps: Over ice, combine the gin, lime juice, and shrub in a Collins glass. Stir the glass briefly to combine all liquor ingredients.
- Add Prosecco to the top and add blueberries and a lime wheel for garnish.
Strawberry Gin Smash modern gin cocktail to blow off some steam
When you've got a lot of bottled-up aggression, the best thing you can do is to blow off steam and quench your thirst with something nice while savory enough. How about mixing up your own cocktail with some fresh fruits on it? This strawberry gin cocktail is exactly what you're looking for. While muddling, this gin smash will provide stress relief while also offering relaxation thanks to the pleasant combination of berries and gin.
- 1/2 tsp of granulated sugar
- 1 thin lime wedge
- 3 fresh strawberries: 2 sliced and 1 whole reserved for garnish
- 3 oz gin
- 1 oz of club soda
- A fresh mint sprig, used for garnish
- Combine the sugar and a squeeze of lime wedge juice in a tall glass. To dissolve the sugar, gently muddle it with the back of a spoon. Lightly mix the sliced strawberries in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Fill the glass halfway with small ice cubes and then pour the gin onto the top. Garnish with the remaining strawberry and a sprig of fresh mint and a dash of club soda.
Bittersweet Symphony - Great-tasting modern gin cocktails for your party
Cocktails are frequently referred to as "symphonies in a glass," and Bittersweet Symphony modern gin cocktail is no exception. This is also a much-loved Negroni variation, with an extra dash of gin plus the use of milder Aperol instead of Campari to soften the classic notes of the Negroni. You can consider the Punt e Mes, which is a herbaceous gin, can provide a balanced bitterness that elevates this gin cocktail drink to a new level.
- 1 ½ oz London dry gin
- 3⁄4 oz Punt e Mes
- 3⁄4 oz Aperol
- Garnish: Use 1 generous lemon twist
- Stir all the above ingredients with cracked ice in a mixing glass
- Strain the cocktail mixture into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish to the top with the lemon twist.
English Garden cocktail - A perfect light tipple for pre-dinner drinks
With a name like that, you can be sure that every sip out of the cocktail won't leave you feeling heavy and sluggish. Cucumber, fresh lime, and mint, in fact, may allow you to avoid bloating. No question that this modern gin cocktail levels up your mood while enhancing your drinking experience.
- 2 oz gin ( We highly recommend Hendrick’s gin for the sync in flavors as this distilled gin offers two main botanicals namely cucumber and rose petals)
- ¼ oz of St Germain elderflower liqueur
- ¼ oz apple juice
- ¼ oz lime juice
- A thin cucumber ribbons to serve
- Shake all the above ingredients except the cucumber slice with ice and strain the mĩture into a tall glass filled with fresh small ice cubes.
- Decorate with thin cucumber ribbons and serve it right away.
Apple Bees Knees modern gin cocktails with a touch of apple flavors
When the leaves start hinting that fall is here, apples and rosemary cocktails will take over for the ultimate hint of berries and basil. This easy-to-make gin cocktail is sweetened a bit with a touch of honey. Be sure to shake it well. Alternatively, for an easier mix, you can loosen the measured honey element with a few drops of water before adding.
- 1 1/2 oz gin
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 3 or 4 small ice cubes
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake it vigorously.
- Strain the cocktail mixture into a cocktail glass.
Obituary modern gin cocktails -The intriguing version of the classic Martini
If you’re into Martini, chances are this Obituary modern cocktail will end up being your new favorite. This is a particularly aromatic riff on the classic gin martini, thanks to a dash of absinthe in the mix.
The obituary modern gin cocktail, as the name suggests, is not a tame drink. Its concentration of absinthe captures the brightness and flavor of the original Martini while giving you a wise choice for food-drink pairing. For instance, It implements your grilled afternoon in the backyard with friends and homies! Furthermore, if you're new to absinthe, this is the cocktail for you as it offers the unique taste of the anise-flavored spirit. The gin and vermouth each add their unique botanicals to the mix, making absinthe more approachable to a wide variety of drinkers.
- 2 oz gin
- 1/4 oz dry vermouth
- 1/4 oz absinthe
- In a mixing glass filled with small cracked ice cubes, pour all the ingredients
- Stir it well and strain the drink into a chilled cocktail glass.
Casino Cocktail - The upgraded version of the classic Aviation cocktails
Finally, Casion modern gin cocktail covers up our list today with its stunning color and signature sweetness content. The casino is an upgrade version of the classic Aviation with orange bitters instead of Crème de violette. The recipe calls for Old Tom gin, which is sweeter than London Dry and it's worth noting that you're using delicately almondy Maraschino liqueur rather than the juice from a jar of maraschino cherries. It’s an ideal exercise in simplicity.
- 4 oz. gin
- ½ oz. maraschino liqueur
- ¼ oz. fresh lemon juice
- 4 dashes of orange bitters
- Some fresh maraschino cherry
- Using a coupe when serving the cocktail
- Add your Old Tom gin, maraschino liqueur, fresh lemon juice, and orange bitters to your mixing glass filled with small ice cubes.
- Stir and glass well and pour the drink into your coupe
- Garnish with a fresh maraschino cherry and serve right away.
Some final thoughts
We could drink gin-based cocktails all the time and never get bored. Of course, there are many classic gin recipes out there along with many, many variations. But gin, whether it’s a rich juniper-laced London Dry, a bold Genver, or a more fragrantly botanical floral style, fits into a lot of your favorite cocktails for autumn and the rest of the year. The best modern gin drinks can be bracing and boozy or simply light and refreshing, frozen or fizzy, stirred or shaken depending on your taste.
Hope with this guide, you’re equipped with a wide variety of modern gin cocktails to elevate your drinking experience. Thousands of alcohol-related things, including your desired gin bottles, beer, mixers, and wines, are available on Drinkies.ph for you to choose from. So don’t miss your chance to get your items at an appealing price package and at no extra shipping fee across the Philippines from Drinkies.ph.
Look no further, let’s roll up your sleeves, show your bartender skills and prepare to hit that feel-good experience with your favorite modern gin cocktails.