Best New Year's Eve cocktail recipes to raise a toast
There's no better way to ring on New Year's Eve than with a festive drink in hand. Sure, you can pop open a bottle of your favorite prosecco or champagne for your celebration but when it comes to toasting in style, look no further than delicious and stunning New Year's cocktails. Whether you're throwing a big New Year's Eve party with your homies or watching the ball drop, our guide of New Year's Eve cocktail recipes will make your last night of the year one to remember.
- 1 10 festive New Year’s Eve cocktail recipes to spread cheers
- 1.1 New Year’s Sparkler
- 1.2 Tiramisu White Russians
- 1.3 Peppermint Bark Mimosas
- 1.4 Espresso Martini cocktail
- 1.5 Sidecar cocktail
- 1.6 Ranch Water cocktail
- 1.7 Negroni
- 1.8 Cranberry Mulled Wine cocktail
- 1.9 Gin Pom
- 1.10 Happy New Year cocktail
- 1.11 Drinkies.ph - A trustworthy liquor store to brighten up your New Year Eve’s party
10 festive New Year’s Eve cocktail recipes to spread cheers
Whether you plan to watch the ball drop on TV while snuggled up on the couch or you’re hosting a full-on party, these drinking options will fuel your celebrations into the new year. Featuring ingredients you would expect for the holiday and party-ready punches, these delicious New Year's Eve cocktail recipes will get the celebrations started.
New Year’s Sparkler
Enhance your typical bubbly with this simple but delicious sparkler cocktail. In this New Year's Eve cocktail recipe, berry-flavored vodka and fresh pomegranate juice lend their stunning color and fruity flavor to Champagne, and a skewer of raspberries helps to bring it all together. It’s an easy yet elegant cocktail recipe that’s just as perfect for a fancy New Year's Eve party as it is for watching the ball drop from the couch.
- 1 oz of berry-flavored vodka
- 1 ½ oz fresh/canned pomegranate or cranberry juice
- 3 1/2 oz your favorite Champagne, let it chilled, to top
- Garnish with a skew of fresh raspberries
- Add the vodka and cranberry juice or pomegranate to a chilled Champagne flute.
- Top the flute with the Champagne.
- Garnish your New Year’s Sparkler cocktail with raspberries on a long skewer.
Tiramisu White Russians
Falling somewhere between a delicious cocktail and dessert, this Italian-inspired White Russian Tiramisu is hard to resist. If you're looking for a festive upgrade, simply add a dash of orange bitters, a pinch of crushed cinnamon, or some fresh nutmeg shavings to offer another dimension to this decadent drink. Whipping your cream in a mason jar may need a bit of effort, but cleaning up after the whole process is minimal and the result is well worth it. Or if you don’t feel like making it by hand, you can swap in the store-bought whipped topping instead!
- 4 oz. heavy cream
- 2 tsp. of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of crushed Ice
- 4 oz. Kahlua
- 4 oz. dark rum
- Cocoa powder, cookie, crosswise, for garnish
- Add heavy cream and sugar to a glass jar, seal, and shake it vigorously until the cream thickens enough to hold a soft peak.
- Fill 2 rocks glasses with crushed ice. Add 2 oz Kahlua and 2 oz of rum to each glass, and stir the glasses to combine.
- Use a spoon to divide the whipped cream evenly between the glasses, then use the back of the spoon to create an even layer that covers the surface of the drink.
- Dust top your cocktail with cocoa powder and garnish with a cookie half.
Peppermint Bark Mimosas
This stunning New Year’s Eve cocktail recipe is truly the best way to use up leftover candy canes but festive enough to get you in the spirit of New Year. You will surely fall in love with this bubbly combination of holiday flavors. Sparkling wine with a splash of fresh peppermint vodka and white Crème de cacao make this drink the ultimate cocktail to rock your party.
- 1/4 cup of melted chocolate chips
- 2 small candy canes, crushed
- 3 oz. peppermint schnapps/vodka, divided
- 3 oz sparkling wine of champagne
- 2 candy canes, whole
- Pour melted chocolate chips onto a small plate.
- Add crushed candy canes into a separate plate. Dip rims of your champagne flutes first in chocolate, then dip them in crushed candy canes to coat.
- Add peppermint schnapps/vodka to each glass, then top with your favorite sparkling wine or champagne.
- Garnish with 2 whole candy canes before serving.
Espresso Martini cocktail
A delightful cocktail after dinner always sounds right, but sometimes a glass of coffee does, too. The perfect compromise? Well, the answer would be an Espresso Martini. This "retro" cocktail, which was extremely popular in the '80s and '90s, is making a comeback on your cocktail menus and after-dinner parties this year. It's a bit sweet, a little boozy, and offers a pack of caffeine that coffee-lovers will appreciate. And most importantly, with this New Year's Eve cocktail recipe, you don't have to worry about falling asleep before the clock strikes midnight.
- 2 oz. Absolut vodka
- 1 oz. coffee liquor
- 1 oz. espresso (or you can switch to cold brew coffee concentrate)
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- Some coffee beans, for garnish (optional)
- Add one-half full of ice in a cocktail shaker, then pour in the vodka, simple syrup, coffee liquor, and espresso to combine.
- Shake it very well, until you notice a layer of foam develops on the surface of the drink.
- Pour the drink into a chilled coupe or a martini glass and add some coffee beans to garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
A bright and shiny cocktail is just what you need for a bright and shiny new year! So, what’s so special about the Sidecar? This cocktail recipe is a perfect balance of sweet and tart flavors, with just the right edge from the boozy Cognac. It’s a complex, layered beverage: warm, dry, crisp, rich, and full at the same time. Truly a stunner, Sidecar is now one of our top sour cocktails to make at home this New Year’s Eve.
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 oz. cognac or you can switch to bourbon
- 2 oz. Cointreau orange liquor
- 1 1/2 oz. lemon juice
- A thin orange or lemon twist, for garnish
- Pour the granulated sugar onto a plate. Dip the rims of your cocktail glasses in water, then dip them in the sugar.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine well the Cointreau, cognac, lemon juice, and ice. Shake it for 10-20 seconds for the drink to chill thoroughly, then strain into your prepared glasses in step 1.
- Garnish the cocktail with an orange or lemon twist.
Ranch Water cocktail
With only 3 ingredients, Ranch Water is a light and delicious cocktail for your New Year party with friends at homies. It only takes minutes to make so whip one up. And for those who insist on something suitable for your diet routine, Ranch Water is a go-to option as it is lighter on calories yet tasty at the same time. Hence, it's absolutely perfect if your New Year's resolution is to cut down.
- 3 oz tequila, divided
- 1 ½ oz fresh lime juice
- 4 oz mineral water
- For garnish: use a lime wheel
- Fill your cocktail glasses with ice. Add 1 1/2 oz of tequila to each cocktail glass.
- Add the lime juice into the glasses and top with mineral water.
- Add a lime wedge or wheel to your drink. Serve immediately.
This old-fashioned cocktail is another perfect option to serve on New Year's Eve. It consists of 3 main ingredients: gin, red vermouth, and a splash of Campari to give it a pretty red hue. Also, do not forget the orange peel garnish to channel a festive vibe. The combination of gin, bitter Campari, and sweet red vermouth is sure to give you the ultimate refreshing flavors while offering a strong kick to your palate. Its internal complexity (1:1:1 recipe) presents a solid kick when you take the very first sip.
- 1 oz. gin (Hendrick’s gin with its floral notes, for instance)
- 1 oz. Campari
- 1 oz sweet red vermouth
- 1 twist of lemon zest
- In a cocktail mixer full of small ice cubes, combine well the gin, sweet red vermouth, and Campari.
- Stir the container gently, and strain the drink into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish your Negroni cocktail with a twist of lemon zest.
Cranberry Mulled Wine cocktail
Mulled wine will make your house smell amazing, and this cranberry New Year's Eve cocktail recipe is perfect for the holidays! All the spices and stunning flavors come together in perfect harmony! We recommend putting a big pot of Mull wine cocktail together and having it on the stove for when your New Year's Eve party's guests arrive.
- 5 allspice berries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
- 6 thin slices of fresh ginger
- 1 750-mL bottle dry red wine: Gato Cabernet Sauvignon is your best choice as it offers bold, elegant flavors and aromas with notes of strawberries.
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup of brandy
- Some slices of pear, for garnish
- Put allspice berries, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and fresh ginger slices in a saucepan.
- Add your dry red wine, sugar, and fresh cranberries into the pan and bring it to a simmer. Let the pan simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove the spices from the pan. Stir in the brandy and let it cool
- Ladle the mulled wine drink into mugs and garnish your cocktail with pear slices.
If you’re suddenly in the mood for a fun alcoholic drink with a kick for your New Year’s Eve party, a classic Filipino cocktail is exactly what you’re looking for. This Gin Pom is among the easiest New Year’s Eve cocktail recipes, with just two ingredients you probably already have at home. When it comes to flavors, this one is refreshingly sweet and tangy, which is a perfect treat to spread some cheers.
- 2 oz. gin
- 1 ½ oz powdered pomelo juice
- Pour water into a large pitcher, add the pomelo juice and stir well.
- Pour in 2 oz gin and gently stir.
- Add some ice cubes, pour the drink in a chilled glass, and enjoy!
Happy New Year cocktail
A delightfully simple recipe, few drinks are as perfect for a New Year's Eve party as the "Happy New Year" cocktail. Not only the name of the drink but also its flavors, as it is a vibrant beverage with great appeal. The sparkling mix includes brandy, red wine, and orange juice, creating an amazing base that will dress up your favorite Champagne. Furthermore, this cocktail is also a perfect treat for any of those extra special occasions when you really wish to impress guests.
- 1 1/2 oz brandy
- 3/4 oz red wine
- 3/4 oz orange juice
- 4 oz Champagne
- Pour all the brandy, red wine, and orange juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake the container well then strain the drink into a cocktail glass.
- Top your drink with Champagne.
- Serve and enjoy.
Drinkies.ph - A trustworthy liquor store to brighten up your New Year Eve’s party
Are you on the hunt for the best New year’s eve cocktail recipes to fire up your party? Or you’re looking for quality-proved ingredients to show up your bartender skills this holiday season? Not to worry, Drinkies.ph is here to help. Empowered by Heineken Philippines, Drinkies.ph is a trusted one-stop-shop for all alcohol-related things for the Philippines market.
With thorough insights into the world of alcohol and a deep understanding of the Filipino’s palate, Drinkies.ph promises to please your taste buds with a wide variety of products, including spirits, wines, beer, and also mixers. All of our items are fully duty-paid and quality guaranteed to enhance your drinking experience.
New Year's Eve is undoubtedly the most important party of the year. While it's fun to pop the cork on a bottle of Champagne as the ball drops at midnight, there's plenty of time to have a delicious cocktail or two before that. So hesitate no more, let’s pick your desired items, and give yourself and your homies a treat with one of the delightful New Year’s Eve cocktail recipes above!