Best Valentine's Day Cocktails recipes to celebrate love and romance
Love is worth celebrating any day of the year, but this February 14 is an especially good occasion to swap your usual drink for something a little more special. Whether you’re looking to pop up the bubbly, shake up a pretty pink cocktail, or consume the holiday-themed chocolates in liquid form, you’ll find the perfect Valentine's Day Cocktails recipes on this list. Hesitate no more, it’s time to toast to love with our V-day cocktail suggestions!
- 1 Lovely Valentine’s Day cocktails recipes made for V-Day
- 1.1 Chocolate Martini
- 1.2 Kentucky Kiss
- 1.3 Café Amore Valentine's Day Cocktails recipe
- 1.4 Pomegranate Grapefruit Frosé
- 1.5 Cosmopolitan
- 1.6 La Violetta Valentine's Day Cocktails recipes
- 1.7 Floating on Cloud Nine
- 1.8 Sparkling Cranberry Sangria
- 1.9 Kir Royale
- 1.10 Strawberry Shortcake Daiquiri cocktail
- 1.11 Chocolate Old Fashioned Valentine's Day Cocktails recipes
- 2 Before you go…
Lovely Valentine’s Day cocktails recipes made for V-Day
Vying for the top Valentine's Day cocktails recipe is this Chocolate Martini! Rich and creamy, the drink is basically a dessert in a glass. It’s made with creme de cacao for maximum flavor, much like your favorite chocolate bar but in the liquid version. You can mix Chocolate Martini up as an after-dinner drink to impress your loved ones, or just anytime you need a sweet treat in the form of a cocktail.
- Cocoa powder, to rim glass
- 1 oz chocolate liqueur (Godiva, for instance), plus more for rimming glass
- 1 oz creme de cacao (such as Giffard)
- 1 oz vodka, you better choose Grey Goose Vodka as it contains no added sugar.
- 1/2 ounce half-and-half
- Pour a small amount of chocolate liqueur into a small rimmed plate and a small amount of cocoa powder onto another plate. Dip the rim of your cocktail glass into the liqueur, then into the cocoa powder. Set it aside.
- Add the chocolate liqueur, creme de cacao, Grey Goose vodka, and half-and-half into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until it is well-chilled.
- Strain your Chocolate Martini mixture into the prepared glass.
Enjoy the perfect pairing of bourbon and fresh strawberries in the lovely Kentucky kiss cocktail. This pink drink accents the fruit's natural sweetness with maple syrup and a dedicated hint of citrus for a compelling twist. Kentucky Kiss is very easy and makes a wonderful addition to your Valentine's Day. It's also a nice drinking option for summer when the berries are at their best, especially if they're out of your own garden.
- 2 to 3 large fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz maple syrup
- 2 oz Maker's Mark bourbon whiskey
- 1 splash of club soda
- A whole fresh strawberry, for garnish
- In an old-fashioned cocktail glass, add the fresh strawberries, lemon juice, and maple syrup. Muddle the ingredients well, until the berries are mashed.
- Add the bourbon whiskey and fill the glass with ice. Stir well.
- Add a splash of club soda.
- Garnish your Kenturly Kiss with a strawberry. Serve and enjoy.
Café Amore Valentine's Day Cocktails recipe
Warm, nutty, and delicious, the café amore is an amazing hot coffee cocktail. Its beauty lies in its simplicity, with the perfect combination of cognac and amaretto creating an inviting and warm flavor that you're sure to fall in love with.
With just three simple ingredients, this Valentine's day cocktails recipe mixes up faster than you can brew a pot of coffee. To complement the amaretto, top it with a mound of whipped cream and a few shaved almonds. This one is a great dessert drink for your romantic date, as you want to sit down with a warm cocktail to set the mood.
- 1 oz cognac
- 1 oz amaretto liqueur
- 6 oz black coffee, or to taste
- Whipped cream, and/or shaved almonds, for garnish
- Pour the amaretto and cognac into an Irish coffee glass.
- Fill the glass with hot coffee.
- Top your cocktail with whipped cream and garnish it with shaved almonds. Serve and enjoy.
Pomegranate Grapefruit Frosé
If you're starving for something fresh, chilling for your Valentine's Day meal, the pomegranate grapefruit frosé is upon the task. It blends rosé wine, fresh grapefruit juice, and vodka for a lovely pink slushy. The perfect combination of grapefruit and rose gives this frosé a great fruity snap that will have you asking for another round. Or can double up on the drink by pouring it into a single glass, adding two straws, and sharing with your valentine.
- 3 oz rosé wine, Jacob's Creek Moscato Rose, for instance.
- 1 oz ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 oz vodka
- 1/4 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 oz simple syrup
- 1 cup of crushed ice
- Some fresh mint sprigs, or thyme; for garnish
- Some slices of fresh strawberry, for garnish
- In a blender, add rose wine, vodka, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Quickly blend all these ingredients together.
- Add the crushed ice and blend until the texture is smooth.
- Pour your froze into a chilled cocktail or margarita glass.
- Garnish it with a sprig of fresh mint or thyme and a/some slice(s) of strawberry. Serve and enjoy.
What could be more romantic than the amazing Cosmo on Valentine's Day? It's got a bright pink in color and a tangy, refreshing flavor. This Cosmopolitan recipe is ready to spice up your Valentine's Day dinner as it's got a few twists that make it infinitely better than what you order at a bar. Here’s how to make it.
- 1 oz vodka or citron vodka
- 1 oz 100% cranberry juice (instead of sweetened one as in the traditional version)
- ½ oz Cointreau
- ½ oz lemon juice
- 1 fresh lime wedge
- 1 teaspoon of simple syrup or maple syrup
- For the garnish: use a lime wheel (optional)
- Place the vodka, fresh cranberry juice, Cointreau, lemon juice, and your choice of syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake it for roughly 15 seconds until cold. Strain the cocktail drink into a martini glass.
- Squeeze with a lime wedge and garnish with a lime wheel if desired.
La Violetta Valentine's Day Cocktails recipes
If you can’t choose between a cocktail and a bottle of red wine for your special evening, allow this drink to make your decision easier. A mix of London dry gin such as Bombay Sapphire, crème de violette, and fresh lemon juice gets topped with your choice of red wine, creating a Valentine's Day cocktails recipe that’s floral, earthy, and elegant.
- 1 oz Bombay Sapphire gin
- 1/2 oz crème de violette
- 1/2 oz lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 oz red wine, like this Alpatagua Gran Verano Cabernet Sauvignon for a rounded taste, forward red fruit flavors.
- Garnish: use a dehydrated lemon wheel or lemon twist
- Add the Bombay Sapphire gin, creme de Violette, and fresh lemon juice into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake it until well-chilled.
- Double-strain the La Violetta drink into a coupe.
- Top with the red wine and stir your coupe gently and briefly to combine.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel or fresh lemon twist.
Floating on Cloud Nine
When a sweet, dreamy V-day cocktail is on your mind, few can rival the Floating on cloud nine recipes. It's a fantastic creamy smoothie that is spiked with whipped cream vodka and fruity strawberry liqueur. Add the half-and-half and crushed ice, and you have a cocktail recipe with a silky texture that is guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth. It's a dessert within itself when served in a cocktail glass with a candied rim.
- Crushed strawberry candy, for the rim
- 2 oz whipped cream vodka
- 1 1/2 oz strawberry liqueur
- 2 oz half-and-half
- 1 cup of crushed ice
- Rim your cocktail glass with crushed strawberry candy, you can use the strawberry liqueur to wet the rim beforehand.
- In a blender, pour the strawberry liqueur, vodka, half-and-half, and crushed ice and blend until you get a smooth texture.
- Pour into the prepared glass. Serve and enjoy.
Sparkling Cranberry Sangria
Bubbly and bright, this tart V-day cocktail is just what you need to rev up the romance. It’s bursting in your mouth with juicy flavor, thanks to a generous amount of fresh fruit and cranberry juice. By adding some red wine and brandy, you’ve got a kick in a glass. Top the drink up with club soda and a sprinkling of cinnamon – this festive Valentine's Day blend is party-ready!
- 1 ½ cup of club soda
- 3-4 cups of cranberry juice
- 4 oz of brandy
- 1 750 ml red wine bottle, use Gato Cabernet Sauvignon for bold, elegant flavors and aromas
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries
- 1 slice of orange
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Place fresh cranberries, sliced orange, and 3 cinnamon sticks in the bottom of a large pitcher.
- Pour the red wine, cranberry juice, and orange juice, over the fruit and cinnamon.
- Stir, and allow the pitcher to chill for at least two hours for the best flavor.
- Pour the drink into separated glasses to ¾ full, top with club soda.
There’s no better way to surprise your beloved than with a fizzy, fruity kir royale - an enchanting addition to any lover's celebration. This elegant cocktail recipe is made with champagne and French berry liqueur. Simply combine the two together and add a fresh raspberry for a festive garnish. It’s that simple! If you’re not sure what berry liqueur to use, Chambord or Creme de Cassis are excellent choices. They’ll offer a hint of fruit that’s sweet without being overwhelming.
½ oz French berry liqueur such as Chambord or crème de cassis
5 oz chilled brut (dry) Champagne
Garnish: use some fresh raspberries
- Pour your choice of liqueur into a Champagne flute.
- Holding the glass at a 45-degree angle to preserve the bubbles, then gently pour in the Champagne.
- Garnish with abou 3 raspberries. Serve immediately.
Strawberry Shortcake Daiquiri cocktail
If your idea of romance this Valentine's Day is dessert in a glass, you’ll find your happy-ever-after in this cocktail recipe. Made with fresh strawberries, it’s amazingly fresh and sweet. Vanilla-scented whipped cream vodka and creamy almond milk give the shortcake its flavor while the addition of coconut rum adds a tropical twist, and the ultimate result is simply heavenly.
- 3 cups of sliced strawberries
- 2 oz whipped cream vodka
- 1 oz coconut rum
- 1/3 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup strawberry simple syrup, or more for extra sweetness
- 2 cups of ice
- Combine 1 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, and 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries to create a strawberry simple syrup. Bring the water to a boil. Cook until the sugar has dissolved completely, then set aside to cool.
- Place 2 cups of sliced strawberries, 1/2 cup of simple syrup, whipped cream vodka, coconut rum, almond milk, and ice in a blender
- Blend until the daiquiri is thick and the ice has dissolved in the blender.
- Serve with a strawberry garnish and whipped cream.
Chocolate Old Fashioned Valentine's Day Cocktails recipes
Flowers, beautiful Valentine’s Day cards, and love poems – if you’re an old-fashioned romantic, this cocktail recipe should be on your list. It’s made with your favorite chocolate and bourbon for an unforgettable smoky aftertaste and rich depth. Add a splash of orange bitters, decorate with some chocolate pieces, and you’ll have a gorgeous drink that works for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, or any other time you need a fun cocktail.
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1.5 oz whiskey, Jack Daniel's Old No.7 Tennessee Whiskey for a balanced taste.
- 0.75 oz bourbon
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- 2 dash of chocolate mole bitters
- Some orange slices and cherries (optional)
- Garnish: use a chocolate-dipped orange chip chocolate rim.
- To decorate your glass with chocolate, melt chocolate chips in the microwave and tip the martini glass on its side. While turning the glass, drizzle the chocolate to completely cover the entire glass.
- Combine whiskey, bourbon, orange bitters, and chocolate bitters in a mixing glass and add ice.
- Stir until all ingredients are completely blended.
- Strain your Chocolate Old Fashioned into the prepared glass. Decorate with a chocolate-dipped orange peel.
Before you go…
Drinkies.ph, developed by Heineken Philippines, has everything you'll need for a fantastic Valentine's Day celebration, including cold beer, delightful wine, spirits, and even mixers. We are your trusted alcoholic store with quality-proven products to help enjoy your favorite drinks this Valentine's Day without any hassle!
Come this romantic holiday, don't miss out on our special Valentine's Day promotion, from February 11 to 15, in which you can have P200 off on a minimum purchase of P2500.
All you have to do is place your order on our website and wait for Drinkies.ph to deliver your drinks to your door within just 60 minutes. Don't wait any longer; it's time to treat yourself and your loved ones with these festive Valentine's Day cocktails recipes.